Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tyrannis Thus Far...

Today when I logged in I did a fair amount of plexing with the corp, and a bit of ratting in a small group. Didn't make much isk, but to tell you the truth, I really wasn't feeling pve today.

Anyway, the main points I wanted to bring up today pertain to some bugs I've noticed since Tyrannis has been deployed.

At one point, myself and several corp mates were sitting on a gate, with a hostile in the next system over. I decided to log and get some grub, since the hostile seemed to be afk-cloaked. Well, I logged and ate a good meal, checked some e-mail, and smoked a cig. When I logged back in, I was still on the gate. Apparently, I had gotten stuck on the gate, and had been there ever since I logged off. My corp mates had stayed by my side (thank the gods), and sent a petition to CCP. I wasn't sitting at 0km on the gate, I was in orbit around the gate, and my warp drive had never even cut on when I logged back in. My only guess is that it bugged due to the changes made to the log-off-warp physics.

The frame rate while present in a plex has gone _way_ down. I'm running eve on a MacBook, so it was never phenomenal to begin with, but now it is damn near unplayable, unless I zoom out all the way.

One of the members of my corp accepted a level 1 mission for the True Power corporation...soon after accepting, he complained in local about the difficulty of the Battleship rats...Wait, what?!

Apparently, this mission bugged out, and was the equivalent of a level 4 mission. Seriously. On the plus side, he gets a +5 implant when we help him finish it. (He is a bit of a new player, and can only fly a BC- Not on par with a Level 4 mission).

Another interesting bug occurred when Jaxen and myself were ratting in a belt. After killing the battleships, we moved on the the 6 cruisers that were present. That was all fine and dandy, until they started moving away from the belt at about 1500 m/s. Now, if we had MWD's on, this would be no problem. We were unfortunately fit up with AB's so we could effectively tank the dps. Before we knew it, they were over 360 kilometers away. They didn't warp out, they just started heading towards the center of the system. I went and grabbed my Vigil that was fit up with a MWD that I could perma-run, and went after the bastards. Needless to say, I got a warp in on em, but it took about 10 minutes to re-ship and catch em. :/

One of my corpmates has several alts one of these alts is a specialized Sabre pilot. It can use this ship to great effect, and one of the tools he uses in order to get so many kills is by watching the enemies distance away from him. That way, he knows when to deploy the warp disruption probe. Simply put, the overview column that measures distance is bugged. It gets stuck on a certain distance, and never updates. This has proved disastrous on several occasions for him, and is a pain in the ass for me, when I'm trying to move into optimal range for my guns.

Anyway, that is enough complaining from my end, I may try to get on here a bit later and write something fun/positive. Good hunting.

o7

1 comment:

  1. yeh, I've seen similar things. I've found that minimising the overview and then bringing it back up again helps reset it. As for warping out... that sucks. Good thing nothing bad happened and you had friends there to look after you!

    ReplyDelete