Wednesday, May 26, 2010

103 Jumps to Go...

I have recently joined up with a corporation by the name of Auner Development Corp. We are basing out of a remote region of Stain, where isk making opportunities are rampant, but the market leaves much to be desired.

Yesterday, shortly before the galactic law that forbid planetary interaction was lifted, I made use of my jump clone to cross several regions to join up with former corp mates from OUCH to fleet up and carry out some pvp...

The initial fighting went well, with Miss Teri and myself destroying a Republic Fleet Firetail and a Crusader, by probing them down at their safe-spot off of the Sendaya gate in Doril. On our warp in, we caught the Firetail and the Crusader completely off guard, and ensured the swift destruction of that pilot's ship. Unfortunately, the Firetail did significant damage to my thrasher, and right before we popped the Crusader, the klaxons on my ship sounded, and I was promptly ejected into my pod. All in all, a very good fight.

The rest of the day did not go so well, and I ended up losing several rifters. My former corp mates were not so lucky in their losses. Metalhead lost a Kitsune, and Ailee Ross lost his first BS, a Scorpion. All part of the learning process. Bren joined us shortly after the heavy losses, and we attempted to find targets to engage with similar fleet composition and numbers. New Eden is many things, but fair she is not. After Miss Teri and Metalhead had left the fleet, Bren continued to hunt solo, and ended up popping a cyno frigate, and the cap pilot decided to pay Bren back for that.

About this time, a few members of Auner asked if anyone was near empire, for they needed supplies run down to W-Q. I stated that I was, and I would be happy to do so...
Be careful what you agree to, especially in Eve. The first request was simple enough, a skill book. The real kicker is that it turns out that we needed a BPO, and that BPO could only be found on the contracts market, over in Lonetrek. *Doh*

So, with my low sec-status and only having a pod available to fly, I requested the only rational thing I could think of- "Buy me a interceptor, and we have a deal"

I bought a shiny new stiletto, and fitted it up for travel(WCS, Nano, MSE, MWD), and headed out. When I reached HLW-HP, I encountered a medium sized gang of Cult of War pilots. This peaked my curiosity, and I warped to my RA gate safe to assess the situation. The had a gate camp set-up, complete with bubbles covering every angle of approach to he gate. Now, this is where things got interesting...There was a Loki wreck sitting 5 clicks off of one of the bubbles, and it appeared that it had not been looted.

Sometimes in Eve, my common sense is placed on the back burner, and I attempt risky/stupid/ridiculous maneuvers in order to gain profit, fame, or just to have fun. This was one of those times. I warp to 0km, and attempt to loot as much as I can. With the hostile ceptors closing in fast, I realize that I am only able to partially fill my hold with the sweet, sweet loot. I warp off, and deposit the goods into a station. Still caught up in the prospect of making even more isk, I warp in for a second time.

Sometimes, fortune favors the brave. In my second round of looting, I grab a Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender... *whistles*
With the hostiles once again approaching, I warp off to deposit my loot in station and dock up for the release of Tyrannis...

I have no idea why the -COW- fleet did not loot that wreck. I'm happy, don't get me wrong, just curious. Anywho, I still have about 103 jumps to go in order to pick up the needed supplies and complete my journey. I'm _sure_ it will be interesting.

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment